HBO Max, Endeavor Content And Japanese Broadcaster WOWOW Co-Production TOKYO VICE Debuts April 7
- The Max Original crime drama series, TOKYO VICE, from Endeavor Content and WOWOW, Japan’s leading premium pay TV broadcaster, debuts THURSDAY, APRIL 7 with three episodes, followed by two episodes debuting every Thursday leading up to the finale on April 28.
- WOWOW will debut the first episode in Japan via its streaming service on April 7 with subsequent episodes recurring every Sunday evening on the WOWOW channel starting on April 24 through June.
- Logline: Loosely inspired by American journalist Jake Adelstein’s non-fiction first-hand account of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police beat, the crime drama series, filmed on location in Tokyo, captures Adelstein’s (played by Ansel Elgort) daily descent into the neon-soaked underbelly of Tokyo in the late ‘90s, where nothing and no one is truly what or who they seem.
- Cast: Golden Globe® nominee Ansel Elgort, Academy Award® nominee Ken Watanabe, Academy Award® nominee Rinko Kikuchi, Rachel Keller, Ella Rumpf, Hideaki Ito, Show Kasamatsu, Tomohisa Yamashita.
- Credits: Tony® Award-winning playwright J.T. Rogers created and wrote the series and also serves as executive producer. Four-time Academy Award® nominee and Emmy® winner Michael Mann directed the pilot and is an executive producer along with Emmy® winner Alan Poul, Jake Adelstein, Ansel Elgort, Emmy® winner Emily Gerson Saines, Brad Kane, Destin Daniel Cretton, Ken Watanabe, Kayo Washio, and Academy Award® winner John Lesher.