Wiesbaden, Germany – 2nd March 2023. Today, acclaimed indie publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Odyssey Studios reveal an April 5, 2023, release date for Moviehouse – The Film Studio Tycoon, a new film-making management simulation that puts players in the director’s chair of an up-and-coming production studio. Inspired by Peter Molyneux’s “The Movies,” players will write, produce, and direct indies evolving into Hollywood’s biggest hits in this new spin on the classic tycoon formula.
Showcased in the new devlog, Moviehouse – The Film Studio Tycoon proves that the devil really is in the details, with the devs showcasing how they went about creating one of the most important yet vastly overlooked pieces of movie magic: the miniature set.
Starting in the 80s where neon and practical effects ruled, and spanning through the decades to the near-real look of current day CGI, players start with a small yet passionate film crew with rudimentary equipment who have one goal: grow the studio into one of the best in the industry and keep it that way for years to come. With an eye for entertainment, pick from a dozen popular film genres and plot the perfect, award-winning storyline. Grow your operation with your razor-sharp business sense and usher in a new era for filmmakers worldwide. You only get one shot to make it or break it, and as they say: if you film it, they will come!
Key Features of Moviehouse – The Film Studio Tycoon:
- That’s Showbiz, Baby!: Compete in the glamorous Industry Awards showcase, vying for multiple titles including best feature film, and set your sights on winning the coveted golden clapper
- The Tides of Change: As the decades pass, both your team and your equipment will improve. Starting off with a small amateur cast and rudimentary equipment, the studio and all those a part of it will mature and hone their skills, while new updates in technology and filming techniques grant the ability for better filmmaking!
- Assemble the Dream Team: Hire directors and writers and build up their creative skills, nurturing their creative prowess. A good crew in itself can turn casual viewers into diehard fans!
- Hit the Festival Circuit – Showcase your movie in film festivals to build buzz, gain accolades, and garner critical success
- An Eye for Filmmaking – Make a spy flick, a romantic comedy, a bloody slasher, or something entirely different. You’ve got the film-making tools at your fingertips, so it’s all up to you!
Moviehouse – The Film Studio Tycoon arrives on Windows and Mac OS on April 5, 2023 via Steam and GOG. Wishlist the movie magic management sim today!