Thursday, 27th April 2023 – Team17 Digital and Covenant.dev have today announced that dark fantasy strategy game Gord will launch this summer and arrive on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S, alongside PC via the previously confirmed Steam version.
Created by a team that includes former Frostpunk and The Witcher 3 developers, Gord will see players command the Tribe of the Dawn and embrace the ethical complexity of leadership as they shepherd their community and protect them from invaders and monstrous beasts. They will need to oversee their citizens’ hunger, disease, and trauma, nurture their faith and train them for battle, while also expanding their settlements – the titular ‘gords’ – and embarking on a variety of life-threatening quests.
Gord Key Features
- Mature Dark Fantasy Adventure: Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn and venture deep into forbidden lands in a lore-rich, dark fantasy strategy campaign
- Build to Survive, Conquer to Prevail: Grow your gord from humble settlement to formidable fortress while protecting your citizens from invading tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk within the surrounding woods
- Unique Sanity System: Keep a close eye on your townsfolk as everything from illness to hunger and the death of kin can have devastating impact on their lives and well-being
- Hand-Crafted Quests: Take on a wide variety of quests and random encounters that will lead you deep into the wilderness to hunt legendary creatures, uncover ancient secrets, and vanquish deadly scourges
- Powerful Incantations: Unlock a variety of offensive and defensive spells to tip combat in your favour, each with custom animations and potentially gruesome results
- Custom Scenarios mode with Procedurally Generated Levels: Take on an endless variety of challenges by creating your own scenarios. Customize your playthrough by picking a main objective, choosing your starting party, level size, number of resources, enemy types, raid intensities, and even the severity of the weather!
To keep up to date, wishlist Gord on Steam now, check out the official website