London, UK – 6th April 2023. In a unique collaboration between immersive theatre pioneers Les Enfants Terribles and VR trailblazers vrisch, the world’s most famous detective makes his VR debut in Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Hung Parliament, a live-motion VR deductive adventure for one to four players coming soon for Meta Quest 2 via the Meta Store.
Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Hung Parliament is a single or multiplayer deductive adventure and the first VR game to feature interactive live-action FMV with professional theatre actors. On your journey, you can interrogate characters and visit locations to scour for clues to unravel the mystery. Play alone or with up to three other players to visit crime scenes all over London, then meet in the ‘Mind Fortress’ to construct a case against your prime suspect. The game challenges you to solve a typically absorbing Holmesian whodunit written by prolific theatre writer Anthony Spargo and Les Enfants Terribles’ Artistic Director Oliver Lansley, whose collective work spans books, tv, theatre and Amazon productions.
Will you solve the baffling case in time? Can you call on your friends for help? And where is Sherlock anyway? The answers are far from elementary.
The current ‘in development’ version of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Hung Parliament is currently available to purchase via AppLab and SideQuest. This version is complete and is being used for testing and community feedback for the developers to take onboard ahead of the full launch.
About Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Hung Parliament
The Home Secretary, The Foreign Secretary, and the Lord Chancellor have all been found hanging in their own chambers. Each victim died on their birthday. On that day, they all received a card with a mysterious quote written on it, and now the Prime Minister himself has received one; but what does this mean? Where’s Sherlock? And will you be able to solve the case before the clock strikes midnight and the murderer strikes again?
Combining the worlds of immersive theatre and cutting-edge VR video technology, Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Hung Parliament is a unique Meta experience that can be enjoyed over and over again.
- Immerse yourself in the world of Sherlock Holmes, examine crime scenes with his famous magnifying glass and learn all about the case from Doctor Watson himself.
- Visit Holmes’ ‘Mind Fortress’ to construct your case using the clues you have picked up at the locations spread around London.
- Play with up to three other friends to pool your deductive skills and solve the case.
- Meet and interrogate a collection of malevolent misfits, all of whom have good reason to carry out such diabolical deeds.
- The clock is ticking, and the killer must be found before the Prime Minister himself falls foul of the fiendish felon.
- Experience this unique mix of VR deduction game, live performances and an enthralling adventure with the world’s most famous fictional detective.
Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Hung Parliament will be available soon via the Meta Store for Meta Quest 2 and Meta Quest Pro devices. More news on the official release date will be announced soon.