Katowice, Poland, Tuesday 23rd May, 2023 – Inspired by a unique but compelling mix of the French Revolution and body horror, acclaimed Polish developer Superstatic and publisher Anshar Publishing are excited to confirm that Liberté, the studio’s deck-builder roguelite set during the French Revolution, launches on Steam today.
With both fast-paced combat and deckbuilder mechanics, Liberté zones in on the war-torn streets of Paris as they take on the role of René – a civilian entangled in a massive intrigue between the four most influential factions in the city.
This is no standard re-telling of 18th-century France, however. Setting out to discover the truth behind the city’s cryptic invader from another dimension, Lady Bliss, players will need to collect cards, nurture alliances, and fight for survival as René engages a world on the brink of annihilation.
“We think the combination of a story based in the roots in real French history and the pure fantasy of a dimension hopping antagonist is compelling,” offers Kajetan Wyrzykowski, Narrative Designer. “Liberté brings a new sense of scale to the deck-builder roguelite, and now’s the time for players to lead René to victory.”
In Liberté you can:
- Tackle an Action Roguelite mixed with a Deckbuilder: Players unlock cards and build decks that unlock skills, passives and game changing mechanics to make their avatars stronger.
- Build your unique playstyle with cards & skins: Mix and match from over 100 Skills and Talents cards. Go full-on guns-blazing, cut your way out with blades and axes, hit your enemies with a guitar, and sing the revolutionary song!
- Lead René in his human form or use the skin-shifter ability to play as one of the characters – Master Hunter Victor, Tribal Warrior Flea, or Revolt Leader Ana: You’ll encounter mighty enemies too, and face the curses of the Bliss, so make sure to come to the battlefield prepared.
- Unravel the horrifying mystery of the Bliss: Guarded by the all-mighty Eldritches, the gardens of the Bliss are dangerous places, but as you do the monster’s bidding, you will uncover the mystery of who Lady Bliss is and why she chose you for her secret mission.
- Immerse yourself in over 40 hours of dialogue: Inspired by the real French Revolution events, characters, and architecture, Liberté pulls you into a world on the brink of annihilation – body horrors, political maneuvers, and attempted assassinations all included.
- Witness a tug of war with four unique factions to support: Choose a side to unlock additional rewards.
Liberté launches on Steam today for $19.99/€19.50/£16.75.
- Processor: 2.2 Ghz or better
- Ram: 8 GB or more
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 960/RX 570 or better, AMD Radeon RX 750 or better
- Disk: 4 GB or more