Sheffield, UK – 16 May 2023: A new portal has opened into the Nth dimension today, as Zool Redimensioned, developed by the Sumo Digital Academy and published by Secret Mode, brings the titular ’90s hero to PlayStation®4 (PS4™).
Originally released on PC in 2021, Zool Redimensioned has been updated for PS4 with three brand-new local multiplayer modes – Zool’s Gold, Rool of Zool, and Ball Brawl – which were designed and developed for this modern release by the students at the Sumo Digital Academy. The new multiplayer modes have also been added to the Steam edition as a free update.
About Zool Redimensioned
Originally released by Gremlin Graphics in 1992 on the Amiga to critical acclaim, iconic gaming mascot Zool returns in Zool Redimensioned!
This brand-new reimagining of the classic action platforming adventure has been rebuilt from the ground up for modern audiences. Help Zool jump, spin and shoot his way across eight alien worlds, taking down menacing bosses and saving the universe from the nefarious influence of Krool.
Zool’s old school platforming action will challenge the most hardcore gamers, with modern enhancements that bring the game into the 21st century. Beat your speed run times, discover secrets hidden across every level, or go back in time and play the original classic game. Re-live the legend of the ninja that started it all!
- Over 28 retro platforming challenges, all enhanced for the best possible experience
- Choose between two main game modes: Redimensioned for a more accessible modern experience, or Ultimate Ninja to experience a true hardcore challenge
- Trade blows with the dimension’s most dangerous creatures in seven completely redesigned boss fights
- Discover new secrets, challenges and extras across your adventure, with 25 trophies to unlock
- Enhanced quality-of-life options, including a level select screen, checkpoints, accessibility options and more