This Asian salad of quinoa and prawns is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. It combines the nutty flavor of quinoa with the succulent prawns, mixed with crunchy vegetables, and a tangy dressing to create a tasty meal that is both nutritious and satisfying.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced into half-moons
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook quinoa: In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Cook prawns: In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn pink and are cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare vegetables: While the quinoa and prawns are cooling, chop and prepare the red bell pepper, cucumber, green onions, cabbage, carrot, cilantro, and mint.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using). Set aside.
- Assemble salad: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled quinoa, cooked prawns, and prepared vegetables. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Serve: Garnish the salad with additional chopped cilantro and mint if desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Enjoy this refreshing and nutritious Asian salad of quinoa and prawns as a main course or as a side dish to complement your favorite Asian-inspired meals.